The Corporation of the
Municipality of Oliver Paipoonge
Draft By-law and Schedule 'A'
List of Maintained Roads
TAKE NOTICE that the Municipal Council of The Corporation of the Municipality of Oliver Paipoonge will take into consideration the passing of and if approved, will pass at its meeting to be held on the 11th day of October, 2017, at the hour of 6:30 p.m., or at an adjourned meeting thereof, at the Council Chambers, 3250 Highway 130, Rosslyn, ON, a by-law declaring the roads maintained by the Corporation of the Municipality of Oliver Paipoonge.
WHEREAS the Municipal Act, 2001, s. 2 as amended from time to time states municipalities are created by the Province of Ontario to be responsible and accountable governments with respect to matters within their jurisdiction and each municipality is given powers and duties under this Act and many other Acts for the purpose of providing good government with respect to those matters;
AND WHEREAS the Municipal Act, 2001, s. 9 as amended from time to time provides that the powers of a municipality under the Act shall be interpreted broadly so as to confer broad authority on the municipality to enable the municipality to govern its affairs as it considers appropriate and to enhance the municipality’s ability to respond to municipal issues;
AND WHEREAS the Municipal Act, 2001, s. 9 as amended from time to time provides that a municipality has the capacity, rights, powers and privileges of a natural person for the purpose of exercising its authority under this or any other Act;
AND WHEREAS the Municipal Act, 2001, s. 35 as amended from time to time states without limiting sections 9, 10 and 11, a municipality may pass by-laws removing or restricting the common law right of passage by the public over a highway and the common law right of access to the highway by an owner of land abutting a highway;
AND WHEREAS the Corporation of the Municipality of Oliver Paipoonge wishes to adopt policies addressing road maintenance and abandoned roads for the purpose of providing good government;
NOW THEREFORE THE COUNCIL OF THE CORPORATION OF THE MUNICIPALITY OF OLIVER PAIPOONGE HEREBY ENACTS AS FOLLOWS:
- That the Roads listed on Schedule “A” to this By-Law shall be maintained by the Municipality.
- That any Road not listed on Schedule “A”, regardless of its historical past, shall not be maintained by the Municipality.
AND FURTHER TAKE NOTICE that the said Council will, at the time and place above mentioned, hear any person who wishes to make submissions with respect to the foregoing matters, either personally or through a representative. If any such person does not attend at the said hearing, the Council may proceed in his or her absence and he or she will not be entitled to any further notice in the proceedings.
- Any person wishing to make written submissions may send them to the Municipal CAO/Clerk/Deputy Treasurer. Such submissions must be received not later than Friday, September 29, 2017.
- Inquiries respecting the By-law may be made to the CAO/Clerk/Deputy Treasurer at whose office a copy of the draft By-law and list of maintained roads may be inspected.
Please click here to view a copy of Schedule 'A'.
- DATED at the Municipality of Oliver Paipoonge, this 22nd day of August, 2017.
- Wayne Hanchard, CAO/Clerk/Deputy Treasurer
The Corporation of The Municipality of Oliver Paipoonge
3250 Hwy 130
Rosslyn ON P7K 0B1
807-935-2613 extension 223