Ontario's North is simply a spectacular place to do business. There are many scenic places in the world, but few can match the beauty of Northwestern Ontario for growing a world class business.
One of Northern Ontario’s greatest tourist attractions, Kakabeka Falls, bolsters over 300,000 visitors per year. Expanding industrial developments create exceptional opportunities for businesses and even broader lifestyle choices for the region’s 6,000 residents.
Oliver Paipoonge is a focal point for transportation, manufacturing, service and forestry industries. Fairs, festivals and a wide range of special-occasion-activities blend with the natural attractions of the area make for a spectacular community to live, work and play.
- Oliver Paipoonge is Open for Business! A proactive and business friendly Council sets the stage for a municipality that welcomes new opportunities. Less red tape and bureaucracy, and one of the lowest commercial tax rates in the Thunder Bay District, makes Oliver Paipoonge a 'must see' for new businesses.
Being only a 15-20 minute drive from the downtown cores of Thunder Bay, Oliver Paipoonge has ready access to:
- all major Canadian Banks
- international and local accounting firms
- extensive legal services for businesses
- custom brokers
As Oliver Paipoonge is nestled strategically at the Head of the Great Lakes, near the geographical center of North America, our main business sectors include:
- Forest Products Manufacturing
From Grade School to Graduation.
There are several internet sites advertising real estate that are a good place to start your search for your new home or business in Oliver Paipoonge.
Statistics Canada (2011)
Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
Farm Statistics for Northern Ontario (2011) can be found here.
Note: Scroll down PDF for Thunder Bay District
National Household Information Survey 2011
Statistics Canada information on Ethnocultural Diversity, Education, Income, Labour and Housing can be found here.
The City of Thunder Bay is situated on the Trans-Canada Highway, and the Ontario/Minnesota border crossing is less than one hour south of the city. Oliver Paipoonge, which neighbours to the west of the City of Thunder Bay, has ready access to:
- Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (CP)
- Canadian National Railway (CN)
- Thunder Bay Port Authority
- Thunder Bay International Airport
- Great Lakes/St. Lawrence Seaway (lake and ocean vessels)
The Municipality of Oliver Paipoonge is not responsible for the information on the unaffiliated websites.